Coppell Band to serenade audience in Mid-Winter concert

Photo courtesy Coppell Band

The Coppell High School band is having a Mid-winter concert on Feb. 4 and Feb. 6. The concert will take place in the CHS auditorium.

Sreeja Mudumby, Staff Writer

On Tuesday and Thursday, the Coppell High School band will be hosting its mid-winter concert. 

The band concert is split into two days because of the wide range of bands that exist at CHS. The bands consist of Wind Symphony, Symphonic Band 1, Symphonic Band 2, Concert Band 1, Concert Band 2, and the two CHS9 bands, Symphonic and Concert. 

CHS9 concert band, Concert band one, two, and the wind symphony band will be performing on Tuesday, CHS9 symphonic band, and symphonic bands one and two, along with the CHS jazz ensemble will be performing on Thursday.

The music for the concert is newly picked out every year. Even though there is no specific theme to the concert, each band is highlighted through the diverse music styles. “We have just been doing new music in the new semester,” CHS sophomore flute player Khushi Gupta said. “We’re playing three pieces and one of them is sixpages long, the other one is two pages long, and the other one is one page long.” 

The free concert is from 6-9 p.m. on both days in the CHS auditorium.

Follow @sreejamudumby and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter