Cowgirls return to district play against Irving

Coppell+senior+guard+Nicole+Obialo+reaches+for+a+rebound+against+a+Grapevine+defender+in+the+CHS+Arena+on+Dec.+10.+The+Cowgirls+play+Irving+in+their+fifth+District+6-6A+game+tomorrow+at+6%3A30+p.m.+in+the+CHS+Arena.+

Tracy Tran

Coppell senior guard Nicole Obialo reaches for a rebound against a Grapevine defender in the CHS Arena on Dec. 10. The Cowgirls play Irving in their fifth District 6-6A game tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. in the CHS Arena.

Akif Abidi, Staff Writer

In their fifth District 6-6A game, the Cowgirls are set to play Irving tomorrow in the Coppell High School Arena at 6:30 p.m.

After winning 10 of 16 nondistrict games, the Cowgirls are 1-3 in District 6-6A. On Tuesday, Coppell won at Marcus, 40-35.

Irving fell to 0-4 in district with a loss on Tuesday to Lewisville. As the time of preseason tournaments and exhibition games come to an end, the Coppell girls basketball team has a long streak of district games lined up in the coming weeks.

“We are focused more so on ourselves,” Coppell coach Ryan Murphy said. “We need to make sure we are more sharp offensively and defensively and that we are continuing to create better opportunities. We are creating good habits to let that propel us into the second half of the district season.”

Follow Akif (@akifabidi) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.