Cowboys look to keep momentum going against Timber Creek

Neveah Jones

Coppell senior forward Dan Igrisan attempts a free throw in the CHS Arena on Tuesday against Mesquite. The Cowboys play Timber Creek tomorrow in the CHS Arena at 8 p.m.

Rithik Chennupati, Staff Writer

The Coppell basketball team plays Timber Creek tomorrow at the CHS Arena at 8 p.m.

The Cowboys head into the game with an 11-2 record, after getting second place in the Midland tournament from Thursday through Saturday. The tournament was highlighted by stellar play from three Cowboys: senior guards Adam Moussa and Brandon Taylor and sophomore guard Ryan Agarwal, all of whom made the All-Tournament team. 

Coppell coach Clint Schnell also got his 100th win after the Cowboys took down El Paso Chapin, 65-45.

The team is currently ranked as the 25th best team in the state and the 89th best team in the country, according to MaxPreps. The team is led by veterans Taylor and Moussa, along with a young dynamic duo of sophomore guard Anthony Black and Agarwal. 

“Going into this game against Timber Creek, we have seen on film that they play a different type of zone on defense,” Taylor said, “We are going to come into this game with a lot of fire, and we know our crowd and student section are going to come in with a lot of energy at home like they have all year.” 

This year, the Cowboys’ offense has looked different than it has in previous years, with the ball being moved around at a quicker pace and scoring 200 points more in their first 13 games this year compared to last year. 

Timber Creek is coming off a win from last Thursday, beating the Pinkston Vikings, 59-39, making their record 4-1. 

Follow Rithik (@Rithikc11) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.