Image and video hosting by TinyPic" />

Varsity Choir trip to New Orleans Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Paige Wilson

The varsity choir is no stranger to national competitions. The choir has traveled from New York to London. The varsity choir recently traveled New Orleans to compete in another choir competition called the American Classic.

The choirs competing in the competition included Acapella, mixed, and varsity women’s. All of the groups had been preparing since the beginning of the semester.

The contest includes the actual singing competition and an awards ceremony. The contest brings people from all over the country and it provides a good opportunity for the choirs to see others techniques and abilities.

The group traveled to the University of New Orleans for the completion. It will be the chiors first trip to New Orleans.

As a freshman in choir one of the most memorable
experiences is your first choir trip to San Antonio for UIL. As students become upper classmen they are able to see so much more when the can compete nationally.

Junior Maggie Hunter has been a part of choir since her freshmen year and is always excited for the opportunities that come with competitions.

“Competitions provide a series of great opportunities for all the choirs,” Hunter said. “It’s a great bonding experience and it is really cool to see chiors from all over the country”.

This competition was unlike others with a much greater variety in singing styles. Usually competitions will not have Acappella and Varsity women’s together which gave this competition an interesting twist.

The chiors definitely did not disappoint at the competition. Varsity women’s choir took home first place while Acappella received second place. Coppell also won the overall competition.

Junior Calyn Boyd also took part in the competition.

“I thought it went great,” Boyd said. “It was a great opportunity.”

The CHS chiors look forward to traveling more to learn and perform and waiting to see what opportunities they will bring.