The Sound celebrates opening of Cypress Waters Trail with community event

The+sun+sets+on+The+Sound+at+Cypress+Waters%2C+a+community+that+houses+restaurants%2C+theaters+and+musical+performances.+This+Saturday+from+11+a.m.+to+3+p.m.%2C+The+Sound+will+host+an+event+to+celebrate+the+opening+of+a+new+paved+trail+for+community+members.+

Ava Mora

The sun sets on The Sound at Cypress Waters, a community that houses restaurants, theaters and musical performances. This Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., The Sound will host an event to celebrate the opening of a new paved trail for community members.

Anjali Krishna, Staff Writer

This weekend, The Sound at Cypress Waters celebrates the opening of the first two miles of paved trails in what will eventually be six miles of paved lakeside paths connected to the Campion Trail. 

The opening is at 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.

“I’m personally really excited for the trails,” Coppell High School sophomore Caralyn Bittner said. “I spend a lot of time at The Sound, but I’m always inside one of the restaurants. It’ll be nice to have the trail to spend some time outside and get some air, and it’s always sweet to see all the families who live nearby walking around with their dogs and kids.”

The event is an opportunity to explore the trail and enjoy family activities. The opening will have bounce houses, face painting and balloon animals for children, and music for the entire family to enjoy. 

“The restaurants and music always make it fun for me to go there with my friends, but since there’s a lot of apartments in the area around The Sound this will be especially fun,” Bittner said. “The families who live there now have a trail where they can exercise and just take walks out by the lake since it’s a nice view. It makes it a family atmosphere at The Sound, so it’s not just an event space for music, but a place where people relax and live.”

Families will also have the chance to participate in the giving season by donating canned food to the North Texas Food Bank, donating blood to Carter Blood Care to save up to three lives per donation or adopting a pet from the Coppell Animal Shelter.

Follow Anjali (@anjalikrishna_) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.