On the spot: Seniors say cheese for annual group panoramic picture (with video)

Sneha Sash

Coppell High School seniors stand under the Coppell Cowboys logo, participating in the tradition known as the senior panorama today in the CHS Arena. Every single student in the crowd sports this year’s senior T-shirt.

Sreeja Mudumby, Staff writer

Yoel Rodriguez

The students shuffle as they get settled into their spots. The photographer shouts, “one, two, three” and the students smile wide as the camera shutters and takes their picture. After a couple of simple ones, they make silly poses with their faces as the camera clicks a second picture. 

Coppell High School seniors gathered in the CHS Arena to take a panoramic photo. This photo consisted of all of the seniors at CHS, and everyone had to wear their black senior shirts. Student council officers were in the front, and the rest of the student body was lined up along the bleachers. 

“It is bittersweet because as much as I want to leave, I also want to stay,” senior Diya Patel said.

Though the event only lasted about half an hour, taking the picture was a big moment for seniors. This one one of the last chances for the seniors to gather all as one student body and make a memory that will forever last in their hearts. 

“Senior year has been so much fun, but I also want to move on and do more,” Patel said. 

The experience was even emotional for some teachers as they prepare to see seniors graduate at year’s end.

“I can’t believe it, [the children] grow up so fast, and they are ready,” CHS student aid teacher Eileen Higgins said. 

Follow Sreeja (@sreejamudumby) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter