Silver Stars try to turn into Larrietes

By Andy Tabor

Video by Olivia Scott

The Coppell Larrietes are a vital part of the rich and historic tradition of Coppell High School.  These girls work incredibly hard each and every day kicking, stretching, and doing anything to maintain perfect shape for competition.

All Larrietes mostly start from one common background their freshman year in the dance team called the Silver Stars.  These girls learn dances just like the Larrietes in hopes of one day performing well enough to actually become a Larriete. 

Each girl goes through a tryout period in which they learn new dances and moves so that they can impress drill team coach, Coach Jones, and hopefully get inducted into the prestigious Larriete family.  Larrietes grow and are like family because of all the time they spend together throughout the year, and many of the girls trying out have heard great things from friends and family.

Senior Larriete Leann Keach was once a Silver Star and fondly remembers when she tried out.

“I was so nervous,” Keach said. “Being a Larriete has been a major goal of mine and that contributed to me being incredibly nervous.”

Although Keach was nervous, she still was able to fight through and become an illustrious Larriete.  There are 13 girls this year vying for a spot on the team, although not everyone will make it, many will be given the chance and dream that they had at a young age.

Many Silver Stars dance on the side and put in extra work to make sure that they are prepared for the tryout.  This extra club dance work is very important to their success at the tryout and even on the team the following fall and spring.

With many different outlets for their incredible dancing ability, the Silver Star dancers look to perform their best at their tryout and become able to represent the Larriete organization.

Original Video – More videos at TinyPic