Coppell High homecoming dance to be celebrated Saturday

Mari Pletta

Coppell High School senior Zack Findley and sophomore Jasmine Gomez wear their homecoming mum and garter during passing period on Friday on the senior bridge. The homecoming dance will take place on Oct. 26 at the Irving Convention Center from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.

Victoria Hertel, Staff Writer

The 2019 Coppell homecoming dance is tomorrow at the Irving Convention Center from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. The last day to buy tickets was Wednesday. 

Guests from other school districts are permitted to attend if they are under the age of 21 on the date of the dance. The Coppell High School homecoming dance celebrates a home game of the Coppell Cowboys football team and is a momentous social event to attend as a high schooler at CHS. 

The cheerful and celebrative tone for the homecoming dance is set all week with the Coppell parade, proposals, spirit week, pep rally and Friday night football home game. 

At the dance there will be various foods, music and couples or friends dancing together. There will also be tables where attendees are able to sit, talk, eat and relax. In addition, there will be many photo opportunities to capture the memory of the homecoming dance for a lifetime. 

All Coppell high schoolers are welcome to the dance, no matter what grade or if they attend CHS9, New Tech High @ Coppell or Coppell High School.