Volleyball team hosting annual Digs for Dogs event

The Coppell volleyball team shows dogs up for adoption from Operation Kindness during last year’s Digs for Dogs night. On Tuesday, the Cowgirls host this year’s event during their match against Marcus in the CHS Arena. Sidekick file photo

Sapna Amin, Staff Writer

The Coppell volleyball team holds its annual Digs for Dogs event tonight. The team is collaborating with Operation Kindness, a no-kill animal shelter in North Texas, to spread awareness and raise money. 

“The event is bringing the community together to support a good cause,” Coppell junior JV outside hitter Alex Kaser said.

The Cowgirls face Marcus High School at 6:30 p.m. and during the match, the team will have a bake sale where home-baked goods are available. There will be QR codes placed around the school for people who wish to donate, but are unable to attend.

According to Kaser, the team is expecting a large turnout for Digs for Dogs, plus playing a key district home match against Marcus.

Since it was founded in 1976, Operation Kindness has saved about 90,000 animals that did not have a home. It prides itself on finding these animals a home despite not always having sufficient funds for things such as medical care.

With the help of the attendants, Operation Kindness will be able to fund supplies for these dogs so the organization can save their lives. From baked goods to T-shirts, all the proceeds will be going to Operation Kindness.

Follow Sapna (@sapnaamin6) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.