Model of excellence: Jorski’s leadership paying off for local groups

Sydney Rowe

Coppell High School junior cheer captain Emersyn Jorski riles up the student section during the first football game against Sachse at Williams Stadium on Aug. 30. Outside of school, Jorski is a published model and a Spirit of Texas Royalty alumna.

Sarah Woo, Staff Writer

From performing in front of hundreds of Coppell students, parents and teachers every Friday to being the face of a photography agency as a part of a senior modeling team, Coppell High School junior cheer captain Emersyn Jorski has shown dedication in many unique aspects of her life.

Jorski’s success in what can be seen most evidently, cheerleading, is possible through the teamwork she and her teammates highlight in their consistent practice, with even more responsibility as cheer captain.

“We work together with coach [Alexis] Irons so we can make sure our team is staying [on] task,” Coppell senior cheerleader Morgan Murley said. “We always try to practice everything we have to get done on that day.”

On top of dedicating her schedule to varsity cheer, Jorski also makes sure to set aside time for modeling. As a published model, she seeks unique opportunities in the world of modeling that have made her stand out among others.

“I perceive modeling as a great blessing and opportunity to surround myself with others who are passionate about fashion, photography and modeling,” Jorski said. “Modeling is important to me because I’ve learned throughout my journey on how to deal with the highs and lows of modeling, like staying humble when my photograph is showcased or staying motivated when I don’t reach the goal I wanted to.”

Jorski’s photographer, Chris Shabay, is a nationally published and award-winning photographer, recently named one of the Top 200 senior photographers worldwide by Senior Year Magazine. He recruited Jorski to be on his agency’s Shabay Squad Senior Model Team, for which girls are selected to represent his work. They are required to have a positive presence on social media, work well with others and have a giving heart, as they are required to serve charitable organizations at least once a year.

On top of cheer and modeling, Jorski represents a nationally renowned cheer training organization, Spirit of Texas. As an alumna, she highlights the same goals that Spirit of Texas upholds within its organization. Its objectives include providing disciplined training in the cheerleading industry, teaching athletes to excel in all areas of cheerleading and developing elite squads instilled with lifelong values.

“Competitive cheerleading at Spirit of Texas has allowed me to not only aspire to win, but learn important lessons like discipline, pushing myself mentally and physically, how to stay humble and so many more,” Jorski said. “I’ve learned throughout my years of competitive cheerleading that without unity and teamwork in a team, nothing can be achieved.”

Follow Sarah (@syw6338) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.