Minyard commits to Boston College on volleyball scholarship

Coppell+senior+Peyton+Minyard+prepares+to+spike+during+the+match+against+Arlington+Martin+on+Aug.+27+in+the+CHS+Arena.+Minyard+committed+to+Boston+College+and+will+receive+a+volleyball+scholarship.+

Sally Parampottil

Coppell senior Peyton Minyard prepares to spike during the match against Arlington Martin on Aug. 27 in the CHS Arena. Minyard committed to Boston College and will receive a volleyball scholarship.

Ryan Dyke

Coppell High School senior Peyton Minyard is a middle blocker. Her passion for volleyball started at a young age and she has been playing for six years now, this being her second year playing varsity for CHS. She was offered and accepted a volleyball scholarship to Boston College.

How did you pick your college?

I actually wasn’t looking at Boston College until after the summer when they came to me. I didn’t know of Boston College but they offered me a visit. I went, and the minute I stepped foot on campus, I fell in love. It is a beautiful campus if you haven’t seen it. Academically it’s a great school. The coaches and players, I just felt immediately like I was in a little family.

What was your decision process?

They offered me while I was [at the campus], and I had to make a decision. The minute I made that decision, I called them and it felt like a huge elephant off my chest.

Have you met anyone from your new team?

Yes, there is actually a girl [who] committed [to Boston College] from Prosper [High School]. They were also [at the campus visit] while I was there, so I met all of the recruits.

Are you ready to go to college?

I’m ready. I am sad to leave home and [Boston] is far away but I am ready for a new experience, a new adventure in my life and I am ready to play volleyball at a higher level.

Follow @SidekickSports and Ryan (@ryandyke13) on Twitter.