Education Foundation to host annual Run to Fund Saturday

On Saturday, the Coppell ISD Education Foundation is hosting its annual Run to Fund at Andy Brown Park East to raise money for the physical education departments. Walk up registration tomorrow morning is $40 for the 5K and one-mile run.

Sidekick file photo

Sidekick file photo

Sidekick file photo

Neha Desaraju, Staff Writer

On Saturday, the Coppell ISD Education Foundation is hosting its seventh annual Run to Fund at Andy Brown Park East.

Late registration until tomorrow for the 5K run is $40, while the one-mile fun run is $30. Walk up registration starts at 7 a.m. and after that, both the 5K and one-mile fun run are $40. For ages five and under, the fun run is free. Two dollars from every race entry goes to the physical education department at the CISD school of the runner’s choice.

The one mile fun run starts at 8 a.m. and the 5K is to start at 8:30 a.m., with the awards at 9:30 a.m. Awards are given across multiple age categories. This year, a new alumni awards section has been added.

Every year, bonuses to certain schools are also available, given out on different weeks through registration and on the day of the event as a part of awards.

“Mockingbird [Elementary] has 103 people registered,” CISD EF president Rosie Stevens said. “That’s 20% of the school. They have the most bonus money right now.”

The Education Foundation has gifted $500 available for bonus money.

More than 800 people have already registered, and between 100 and 150 people are expected to register on the day of the event. According to Stevens, the annual Run to Fund is the largest run at Andy Brown Park East.

“We have someone coming in from Oklahoma,” Stevens said. “He sent me an email; apparently because of the elevation difference he thinks he can run better here. So he and a few of his friends are coming down to run.”

Follow Neha @nehades_

About the Writer
Neha Desaraju, Staff Writer

Neha Desaraju is a sophomore and first-year staff writer on The Sidekick. She enjoys music and in her free time is probably singing or playing the piano....