Cowboys to play Farmers at Coppell Baseball Association Night

File photo

Coppell senior infielder Carter Bacci bats during the fifth inning against Hebron on Friday at the Coppell ISD Baseball/Softball Complex. The Cowboys play the Lewisville Farmers tonight at 7 p.m.

Sofia Guerrero, Co-Student Life Editor

Tonight, the Coppell baseball team plays Lewisville at the Coppell ISD Baseball/Softball Complex at 7 p.m. It is also Coppell Baseball Association Night, in which youth league players wearing their uniform get in for free.

The Cowboys won, 11-3, on Tuesday against the Farmers, earning them a 4-1 record and 8-7-3 overall.

“Tuesday, we swung the bats real low, we kept pressure on them with a lot of base runners,” Coppell coach Kendall Clark said. “We weren’t at our best on defense, and weren’t at our best pitching, but we were good enough that we were in control of the game the whole night.”

CHS sophomore pitcher David Jeon helped the team win by striking out players throughout the game and ended the game.

“Jeon was a really good relief last Friday night, and he was really good Tuesday night,” Clark said. “If you have this luxury, which we do, you can save a real dominant pitcher for the end of the game like the pros do. It’s hard to score that run or two runs that you would need to tie or win the game, so we feel great when we bring in David.”

The Cowboys can expect to face a left-handed pitcher tonight.

“We think we still can play better,” Clark said. “We don’t think we’ve played our best baseball, which is good because you don’t want to play it early in the year and then playoffs hit and you’re not playing as well. You want to peek at the right time, [and] we haven’t peaked yet.”