Vasireddy organizes fashion show, spotlights Indian formal designs

Bella Modeling School student Cynthia Barrientos will be featured in Coppell High School senior Bhavya Vasireddy’s fashion show, spotlighting Indian formal designs. Vasireddy was inspired to organize a fashion show after she was invited to attend the Bella Modeling School graduation last summer as an agent, where she was asked to recruit models.

Photo courtesy Shots by Bhavya

Photo courtesy Shots by Bhavya

Photo courtesy Shots by Bhavya

Kelly Wei, Editor-in-Chief

On Feb. 9, Coppell High School senior Bhavya Vasireddy hosts her first annual fashion show.

The show highlights formal Indian designs. Three designers provide their own style of dresses, including Indian sarees inspired by the Disney Princesses franchise, long gowns and more modern two-piece styles.

Vasireddy was inspired to organize a fashion show after she was invited to attend the Dallas Bella Modeling School graduation last summer as an agent, where she was asked to recruit models.

“Seeing the creativity involved, I was inspired to host one of my own [shows],” Vasireddy said. “It started small like the one I first saw, but it’s now become a huge event.”

All profits from the show will be put toward the charity HopeKids.

Admission is $20 per person in advance of the show, and $25 at the door.

About the Writer
Kelly Wei, Editor-in-Chief

Kelly Wei is a senior staffer, serving her third year as Editor-in-Chief. In her free time, you can probably find her hiding out in a boba cafe with her...