Theatre Coppell contributing to the holiday season with “Inspecting Carol”

Actors+from+the+Theatre+Coppell%27s+show+%22Inspecting+Carol%22+perform.+The+theater+performs+six+shows+every+year.+

Actors from the Theatre Coppell's show

Actors from the Theatre Coppell's show "Inspecting Carol" perform. The theater performs six shows every year.

photo courtesy Theatre Coppell

photo courtesy Theatre Coppell

photo courtesy Theatre Coppell

Pramika Kadari, Copy Editor

Theatre Coppell is performing the last three shows of “Inspecting Carol” this weekend, including an 8 p.m. show tonight.

There are shows at 8 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday.

Through comedy, “Inspecting Carol” tells the story of how everything goes wrong for a theater putting on an annual Christmas show – tickets are hardly selling and the cast is too old.

At the beginning of each year, the theater selects six shows to perform throughout the following months. After about two months of preparation, “Inspecting Carol” has been showing on weekends since Nov. 30.

“So far, the shows have gone very well,” Theatre Coppell Executive Director Pete Wilson said. “It probably helps that the show is very timely [with the holiday season].”

Tickets can be purchased online, through a detailed voicemail to the box office or at the box office before the show with limited availability. Attendees arriving late will not be seated until a break in the show.

“[Theater shows] help bring the community together in a different way that you don’t usually see,” Coppell High School junior Sophia Sircar said. “Because you can see the community come together for sports games, but theater is just such a different experience. It’s watching the actors live through emotions.”

Follow Pramika on Twitter @pramika_kadari

About the Writer
Pramika Kadari, Copy Editor

Pramika Kadari is a junior and the Copy Editor on The Sidekick. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, watching movies and spending time with friends....