Intramural basketball signup deadline is here

By Peter Sblendorio

One of the most popular Intramural sports is starting for the third straight year at CHS, as 3 on 3 basketball begins on Monday, March 29.

Today is the deadline to sign up for the basketball season, and it costs ten dollars per player. A team is permitted to have up to six players with three playing at a time.

Teams are required to turn in their forms and medical waivers to Mr. Varnell by the end of the day, and all participating teams will need a representative at the informative meeting on Thursday.

Each team will have the option to play in either the advanced or novice league. The advanced league will likely be more competitive, as more skilled players are recommended to play in the higher level league.

Games will be played on March 29, April 5, and April 12, and qualifying teams will play in a tournament style championship on April 19. A winner will be selected from both the novice and advanced leagues, and all members of the winning teams will win an Intramural Championship shirt.

All interested in playing should pick up signup sheets and medical waivers in the office and turn in forms to Mr. Varnell in room C201.

Click here to look at the history of intramural sports at CHS.