Homecoming pep rally builds anticipation for game, dance

Carl the Cowboy was a source of enthusiasm and spirit at Friday morning’s homecoming pep rally in the Arena, which included activities such as a football throw from the homecoming court. The homecoming pep rally hyped up students for the upcoming football game against MacArthur on Sept. 28 at Buddy Echols Field and the homecoming dance on Sept. 29.

Nicolas Reyes, Staff Writer

On Friday Morning, Coppell High School held its annual homecoming pep rally.

A celebration filled with a variety of traditions, homecoming includes the nomination of the homecoming court. Mums and garters dotted the stands as the homecoming court was presented.

Sawyer Strauss and Jake Roemer were elected Freshmen Duchess and Duke; Emily Hockemeyer and Bain Carter were elected Sophomore Duchess and Duke; Trinity Page and Garrett Hardin were elected Junior Princess and Prince.

Mallika Chadaga and Brian Chong, Paola Isely and Dylan Dang, Kaitlyn Sork and Jay Dempsey, Ally Temple and Austin Simigian, Kelly Wei and Tanner Woodby were elected for this year’s senior homecoming court. On Friday night, Sork and Woodby were crowned homecoming king and queen.

“We’re really getting boosted and jazzed for the homecoming game against MacArthur,” homecoming prince Garrett Hardin said. “It’s a big game for varsity and we’re all ready for it.”

The student-lead event also gave the sports teams a chance to address the school. The football team took the time to excite the crowd for the upcoming game. The Cowboys defeated MacArthur, 28-21.

“I’m really excited that we playing MacArthur, I think we’re going to beat them pretty bad,” strong safety Zach Striker said. “Our crowd is hyped and our student section is going to help us win this game.”

The cheer team concluded the pep rally by impressing the audience with a tumbling-heavy routine.

About the Writer
Nicolas Reyes, Staff Writer

Nicolas is a junior serving his first year as a staffer. His passions include hiking, traveling and beginning to write novels he will never finish. In...