CMSW grand opening to give community unique look at new school

Carson Allen

The new CMS West just opened this year with a stunning modern design at the edge of the CISD school district.

Nishant Medicharla, Staff Writer

Tonight, the newly built Coppell Middle School West is set to have its grand opening celebration.

With the Bond Package that was approved by Coppell citizens in 2016, many changes have been ushering into Coppell ISD, including the new Coppell Middle School West campus in Cypress Waters.

The construction of the new middle school is part of Coppell ISD’s plan to expand into the Cypress Waters subdivision in Dallas. Along with the new middle school, CISD has renovated the former CMSW campus and converted it into the freshman center, in hopes to reduce overcrowding at Coppell High School.

To commence the beginning of these changes, the grand opening at CMSW will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..

The ribbon cutting ceremony will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The community will be able to walk through the school from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..  

For those who will be visiting the newly constructed middle school, parking is available at The Dump Furniture Store, which is directly south from the front door of CMSW. Parking will be limited at the middle school.

CMSW will also have resource officers on duty during the event to make sure that traffic runs smoothly.

Follow Nishant @Nishantnm1