Drama students saying farewell with final performance

Quyenh Phang

Coppell High School premier class is presenting a senior showcase. The seniors who are in theater had written, directed, acted, and costumed their own original ten minute one man show which is showcasing on May 4. and May 5.

Arman Merchant, Staff Writer

This Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. in the Coppell High School auditorium, some of the Coppell High School drama stars will perform for the final time before they graduate.

As the 2017-18 school year comes to a close, the drama department is busy preparing for the final show, Senior Showcase. Four years of hard work, has lead up to the last chance these seniors get to perform as they start a new chapter in their lives.

“This time of year we get to award not only our drama students, but all the great accomplishments the students have done throughout the years. This is a great way to help them celebrate their work, and their growth as actors,” CHS Principal Dr. Nicole Jund said.

Not only are drama students and faculty excited for the Senior Showcase, but their friends are also looking forward to the farewell performance.

“It’s a lot of fun to watch, a lot of music, dancing, singing and just a great opportunity to see the the students who can dance, sing and act,” CHS senior Vaishnavi Uppaluru said.’They’ve worked so hard for this moment, and its one you wouldn’t want to miss.”

The drama students have spent their last semester of high school creating an original 10 minute one man show. This includes writing, acting, directing and creating costumes to go along with it. The culmination of four years of drama has lead to this final moment, as the students prepare to say goodbye.

Tickets will be sold at the door for $5.