Book lovers gather to meet authors, discuss literature at North Texas Teen Book Festival

Beloved author Cassandra Clare to amaze fans

Sidekick file photo

At the 2017 North Texas Teen Book Festival at the Irving Convention Center, New York Times bestselling author Brittany Cavallaro shares her experiences during the School Days, School Daze panel. This year’s festival is tomorrow from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Irving Convention Center.

Pramika Kadari, Staff Writer

The North Texas Teen Book Festival returns to the Irving Convention Center tomorrow.

The festival, which runs from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., includes meeting authors, book signings, readings, panels and buying books or book related products; it is a great opportunity for anyone who loves literature or writing.

Coppell High School freshman Kirthika Piratla, who has enjoyed reading from a young age, plans to attend with the CHS Creative Writing Club.

“People can meet some of their favorite authors and cross that off their bucket list,” Piratla said. “One of my goals in life is to meet one of my favorite authors. Also people can get a new perspective by actually meeting the person who wrote some of their favorite books.”

More than 75 writers will be present at the event, including the widely-loved Cassandra Clare, who wrote the Mortal Instruments series. Admission is free, but parking costs $8 per vehicle.

Each featured author will be selling their books there, but for each book they buy at the festival  attendees may bring two books from home to get signed. For every trip in the line, attendees are allowed to have three books signed. Pre-signed books will also be available for purchase.

A variety of panels will take place throughout the day, such as discussions regarding the LGBT community in literature, co-authoring and world building. Most of the panels will be on a first come, first serve basis, but a few events will be ticketed.

Further information including a full list of featured authors, a list of book sales and an in-depth schedule can be found on the North Texas Teen Book Festival’s website.