Duke vs Maryland for inside track for ACC title

By Andy Tabor

The Maryland Terps play the Duke Blue Devils tonight in a huge rivalry game and with many postseason implications.  Maryland is number 23 in the nation to Duke’s number 4 overall.

The Terps come in with player of the year candidate senior guard Greivis Vasquez while Duke comes in to play with another player of the year candidate in senior guard Jon Scheyer.  Both of these players will try to show their own talent to the national public while trying to lead their respective teams to victory.

The Terps earlier in the year were blown out at Cameron Indoor by the final score of 77-56.  The Terps were flustered early turning the ball over many times leading to easy buckets by the Blue Devils.

However, this game will be played at Maryland, where the Terps are a great 14-1 while Duke is only 5-4 on the road.  Duke comes into the game with a winning streak of 8 games while Maryland comes in with a win streak of 5.

After this game however only one team will have the liberty of saying that they own the longest win streak in the ACC conference.  This is an important game for bragging rights as well.

Ever since the turn of the millennium, Maryland vs. Duke has been a standard college rivalry.  With intense tournament games and championship wins apiece, getting back to prominence for these two proud schools may start with a win tonight.

To get more info on the game click here