Popular St. Ann Carnival brings fun, entertainment to community this weekend

The+St.+Ann+Community+Carnival+is+taking+place+outside+of+the+church+from+Friday+through+Sunday.+From+games+and+crafts+to+rides+and+music%2C+the+event+is+welcome+to+people+of+all+ages.+

Fiona Koshy

The St. Ann Community Carnival is taking place outside of the church from Friday through Sunday. From games and crafts to rides and music, the event is welcome to people of all ages.

Fiona Koshy, Editorial Page Editor

There is nothing like a carnival to ring in the new school year.

This weekend, St. Ann Catholic Parish is holding its annual carnival from Friday to Sunday Sept. 10. The carnival will take place from 5-11 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday and 1-6 p.m. on Sunday.

Located at 180 Samuel Blvd, the St. Ann Community Carnival will be held right outside of the church.

The carnival will include multiple rides, games and a variety of entertainment. A raffle and silent auction will be held throughout the weekend.

There will be a climbing wall, mechanical bull, cake walk, petting zoo, face painting and many other activities for citizens to take partake in.

There is no admission fee to enter the carnival, as it is welcome to people of all ages. It is recommended for guests to bring money for food, rides, games and any other activities requiring tickets for purchase.

With nearly 1,900 volunteers assisting in some way, the carnival will be filled with community members manning stations, games and attractions.

“Last year, I volunteered at [the carnival] and I really enjoyed it, so this year I’ll be helping out at the temporary tattoo station for little kids,” Coppell High School senior Ria Choksi said. “It gives me a good chance to interact with the community because there are so many people that come.”

For more information about the St. Ann Community Carnival, visit the event’s Facebook page.

Follow Fiona @fionakoshy10