Student robbed at gunpoint, left unharmed in CHS parking lot

A+Coppell+High+School+student+was+robbed+at+gunpoint+on+Tuesday+evening+in+the+CHS+parking+lot.+After+the+incident%2C+security+on+campus+was+heightened+for+the+remainder+of+the+week.+

Marcus Krum

A Coppell High School student was robbed at gunpoint on Tuesday evening in the CHS parking lot. After the incident, security on campus was heightened for the remainder of the week.

Marcus Krum, Executive Sports Editor

On Tuesday evening, in the Coppell High School parking lot, a student was robbed at gunpoint “from an unknown suspect”.

According to a press release tweeted by the Coppell Police Department around 9 a.m. this morning, “Yesterday evening, at approximately 6:24pm, Coppell PD Officers were dispatched to the Coppell High School in reference to a robbery in progress. Upon arrival, officer discovered that a juvenile was robbed at gunpoint from an unknown suspect.  The juvenile victim stated to police that the suspect pulled up in a newer silver Nissan Sentra and asked him a few questions before brandishing and pointing some type of handgun at the victim.  The suspected demanded the victim’s cell phone and wallet.  The victim complied and the suspect then drove away.  That individual is described as a hispanic/latin male with a goatee.  The individual was wearing a dark colored shirt, possibly a Nike brand with some type of writing.  

Due to the ongoing investigation, the Police Department has asked that no further details be released at this time but the Coppell School district will update parents, as further details develop.  As a precaution, the Police Department has coordinated with the CISD for extra police presence this week as a precaution.”