Jam Session an excellent start to All Star Weekend

Even though the NBA All Star game is not until Sunday, the All Star excitement hit Dallas early in the week.

The NBA hosted a Jam Session for the fans every day from Wednesday through Saturday to warm fans up for the big game at Cowboys Stadium. The Jam Session was held at the Convention Center in Dallas.

The Jam Session gave fans a chance to meet all star players and participate in events that will be seen at the games. Skills competitions, shooting games, and other basketball related events were all at the event, and fans were able to live like an all star, even if it was for only for a few hours.

The Jam Session was host to the celebrity game, which was played on Friday night. Immediately after, LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers hosted and judged a slam dunk contest featuring some of the brightest young dunkers in America.

Musical artist Drake was also a guest judge at the event, which started after he performed a few of his hits for the crowd at hand.

The Jam Session is in its final hours, but it has certainly served its purpose in pumping NBA fans up for the All Star Game on Sunday night.

Click here for more on the NBA All Star Game.