Top 10 animes all anime lovers need to watch this summer

Kathryn Wiener, Staff Writer

If you have not seen them yet, but they are on your list to watch. Then finish the one you are on and start on these. They will tear you apart inside and make you experience feelings you never knew were actually a feeling.

Ajin – trailer

An anime about a boy named Kei Nagai who discovers he is an immortal Ajin when he is hit by a truck. He becomes a wanted person because the Ajin are considered criminals and the only person who is there to support him is his childhood best friend, Kaito. In reality, the Ajin are branded criminals so they can be easily hunted down and captured for research and cruel experimentation in order to unlock, control and eventually reproduce the strange powers that all Ajin have, even though many of the Ajin themselves don’t understand or even know why they have their abilities. As a result, many of the Ajin encountered in the series are cold and unfeeling; some even look down on humans with contempt and wish death upon them.

Naruto: Trailer

One of the most classic anime’s.  A powerful fox known as the Nine-Tails attacks the ninja village Konoha. In response, the leader of Konoha – the Fourth Hokage – seals the fox inside his newborn son Naruto Uzumaki at the cost of his life. As a child, Naruto is isolated from the Konoha community, who regards him as if he was the Nine-Tails itself. A decree made by the current Hokage, the Third Hokage, forbids anyone mentioning the Nine-Tails to anyone else. Twelve years later, renegade ninja Mizuki reveals the truth to Naruto before being defeated by him with the Shadow Clone Jutsu technique, earning the respect of his teacher Iruka Umino.

Sakamoto Desu Ga: Trailer

If you have seen Black Butler and or Ouran Host Club, then the main character of this anime may remind you of a mix of Kyoya Ootori and Sebastian Michaelis. He’s a cool guy and very mysterious. The story is centered around the incredibly cool and popular Sakamoto, a genius who is well liked by both girls and boys. Despite the strange situations he may be in, Sakamoto always manages to fix the problem in absolute perfection while still being over the top. This is a very new animation that released on April eighth and is still airing new episodes.

Charlotte: Trailer

Charlotte is about a boy named Yuu Otosaka, who has this obscure power to be someone else but the flaw is that he can only possess that person for five seconds before we is back in his own body. Charlotte takes place in an alternate reality where a short-period comet called Charlotte passes near Earth every 75 years. When this happens, it spreads dust onto the Earth, which causes a small percentage of preadolescent children who inhale the dust to manifest superhuman abilities upon reaching puberty.

Bungou Stray Dogs: Trailer

Nakajima Atsushi was kicked out of his orphanage, and now he has no place to go and no food. While he is standing by a river, on the brink of starvation, he rescues a man was attempting suicide. The man is named Dazai Osamu, he and his partner, Kunikida are members of a very special detective agency. They have supernatural powers and deal with cases that are too dangerous for the police or the military. They’re tracking down a tiger that has appeared in the area recently, around the time Atsushi came to the area. The tiger seems to have a connection to Atsushi, and by the time the case is solved, it is clear that Atsushi’s future will involve much more of Dazai and the rest of the detectives.

Sousei no Onmyouji: Trailer

It begins with a flashback of the main character, Rokuro Enmado, when he is in the _ surrounded by. Rokuro Enmado is a young boy who used to be a powerful aspiring exorcist, before a tragic incident left his friends dead and made him abandon the profession. One day, he has a fateful encounter with Benio Adashino, a girl around his age and a well known exorcist from the east. According to prophecy, Rokuro and Benio are the “Twin Star Exorcists”, and are destined to marry and have a child which will be the ultimate exorcist, capable of cleansing all evil spirits, or Kegare, from the world.

Fairy Tail: Trailer

The fictional world of Earth-land is populated by wizards who coalesce into guilds to hone their magical abilities and apply them to paid job requests. Seventeen-year-old wizard Lucy Heartfilia runs away from home to join Fairy Tail, a wizards’ guild famous for its members’ overly destructive antics. She is invited into the guild by Natsu Dragneel, a wizard with dragon-like abilities who travels the kingdom of Fiore to search for his missing foster father, the dragon Igneel. Natsu forms a team with his talking blue cat-like companion Happy and Lucy, later to be joined by ice wizard Gray Fullbuster and armored wizard Erza Scarlet.

Hunter X Hunter: Trailer

The story follows a young boy named Gon Freecss who was told all his life that both his parents were dead, but when he learns from Kite, an apprentice of his father, Ging Freecss that he is still alive and has since become an accomplished Hunter, Gon leaves his home on Whale Island and take the Hunter Examination in order to become a Hunter like him.

Tokyo Ghoul: Trailer

The story follows Ken Kaneki, a college student who barely survives a deadly encounter with Rize Kamishiro, his date who reveals herself as a ghoul, he is taken to the hospital in critical condition. After recovering Kaneki discovers that he underwent a surgery that transformed him into a half-ghoul. This was accomplished because some of Rize’s organs were transferred into his body, and now, like normal ghouls, he must consume human flesh to survive. The ghouls who manage the coffee shop “Anteiku” take him in and teach him to deal with his new life as a half-ghoul. Some of his daily struggles include fitting into the ghoul society, as well as keeping his identity hidden from his human companions.

Clannad: Trailer

The story starts at the beginning of the school year, when Tomoya meets Nagisa Furukawa, a soft-spoken girl who is one year older than he is but is repeating her last year in high school due to being sick much of the previous year. Her goal is to join the drama club which she was unable to do due to her sickness, but they find that the drama club was disbanded after the few remaining members graduated. Since Tomoya has a lot of time to kill, he helps Nagisa in reforming the drama club. During this period, Tomoya meets and hangs out with several other girls whom he gets to know well and help with their individual problems.