Coppell Community Chorale to host final concert Mood Music

Gracie Blackwell, Staff Writer

Music can bring families and friends together from all over the community by giving them something to relate to. As spring nears an end, it is the last chance to see a show that appeals to these emotions.

On Saturday and Sunday, the Coppell Community Chorale (CCC) is set to hold a Spring Show at the Coppell Center for the Arts with the theme of “Mood Music”. The concert will be showing twice on Saturday at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. while once on Sunday at 3 p.m.

The music to be performed consists of Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen’s classics like “Smells Like Teen Spirit”, “Hallelujah” and “O Fortuna” to more modern songs like “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele and “I Lived” by OneRepublic.

CCC is a non-profit organization that allows anyone that lives in Coppell or around the area who are ages 14 and up to be apart of the Chorale.

Celebrating 30 years this year, this will be a special event for the Chorale. Forty vocalists and musicians are set to perform and have volunteered to show off their talents.

Dr. Duilio Dobrin, an accomplished musician/composer who also teaches at Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Dallas, is the director and composer for the Chorale.

“The members of the Coppell Community Chorale are excited to present Mood Music in the upcoming weekends,” CCC president Bethany Henze said. “The chorale has been going through a period of growth and we are looking forward to our best concert yet.”

This is the fourth and final concert that the Chorale will hold. The concert is kid and family friendly, which is perfect for a night to listen to soothing classical music with your friends or family

Tickets for the concert will be available at the door or you can buy them here. Prices for ages 13 and up is $10, ages 3-12 is $5 and the concert is free for ages younger than 3.

The Coppell Center for the Arts is located at 157 S Moore Road in Coppell.
For more information visit coppellcommunitychorale.com or call (972) 595-8093.