Town Center Elementary to host annual Texan Hoedown

Photo Courtesy Cindy Hargrove.

Photo Courtesy Cindy Hargrove.

Gracie Blackwell, Staff Writer

Looking for fun activities to participate in? Wanting to bid on auction items to possibly win?

The Town Center Elementary School Annual Texan Hoedown is set to kick off today from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m, and will include carnival game activities and a silent auction.

There will be many activities ranging from ziplines and jump houses to face painting and obstacle courses. The atmosphere of the event will make you feel like you are at a carnival. Foods like cotton candy, pizza and dippin’ dots will be available there to leave your stomach satisfied. Punch cards cost $1 and will be available there in order to participate in games and get food.

The event will include a silent auction with a variation of over 330 auction items. Items you will be able to bid on come from a variety of businesses in Coppell like Pure Barre and Tappy’s Yogurt to businesses outside of Coppell like Main Event and the Dallas Zoo.

“From what I remember from the hoedown it was a lot of fun. I went every year in elementary school and it was great going on the rides and eating cotton candy and popcorn,” Coppell High School sophomore and former TCE student Maydha Kohli said. “I plan on going to the hoedown again since it has a special place in my memories from Town Center and I’m most looking forward to all the carnival games since when I was little I was really good at them.”

This event is a great way to spend time with family and friends and to help out Town Center Elementary and their Parent Teacher Organization (PTO).

“It’s great to see our youth and parents who are willing to volunteer their free time to help with this event,” PTO president of Town Center Elementary Cindy Hargrove said. “It’s reassuring to know that a community still enjoys coming together as a group to have fun and encourage family-centered activities that will reward our youth and future generation.”

Come visit Town Center Elementary School located at 185 N Heartz Road in Coppell. Admission is free and open to all ages. All proceeds go to Town Center Elementary grants that will benefit the student body and teachers.

For more information, contact Cindy Hargrove at [email protected].