Cash prizes, Go-Pro, MacBook Air; win big at this years annual Cheer Bingo fundraiser

At last years Cheer Bingo fundraiser, Coppell High School students eagerly filled out their bingo cards with hopes of winning cash prizes. This years Cheer Bingo fundraiser is to occur Friday, Oct. 9 from 6-9:30 p.m. in the CHS Commons, in which CHS students and locals will attend with restored hopes of winning more cash prizes. Photo by Stephanie Alexander.

By Sloane Samberson
Managing Editor
@SloaneSamberson

Your palms are sweaty. The crayon in your hand is close to snapping in half. Your board, almost completely black, shows that you need to color in one more square to get a blackout. Preparing yourself for absolute defeat or a sweet victory, you listen to the facilitators muffled voice through the speaker.

“B4, that is B4.”

In triumph you yell out, “BINGO!”

For many Coppellians, this is a familiar scenario they have experienced firsthand or watched close by at Coppell High School’s cheerleading team’s annual Cheer Bingo fundraiser. Whether you love bingo, are feeling lucky or just want to partake in some old-fashioned fun, Cheer Bingo is just around the corner.

Cheer Bingo is to occur Friday, Oct. 9 from 6-9:30 p.m. in the CHS Commons. Along with bingo there will be raffle drawings throughout the evening, where you have the chance to win prizes such as a three month membership to the YMCA, AT&T Stadium tour, GoPro and MacBook Air.

Attendees can buy iFratelli pizza by the slice, as well as drinks and baked goods, which will be served directly to you by CHS cheerleaders.

Cheer Bingo has been an annual event at CHS for over 20 years. All money goes towards funding cheerleading expenditures, such as helping pay for cheer competition travel and fees.

For CHS senior varsity cheer co-captain Ashley Burgess, this year’s Cheer Bingo will be bittersweet.

“I’m going to miss seeing everyone in the community come and play bingo, and just have fun,” Burgess said. “There are people that come every year and to see them keep coming is really cool. I hope that in the future Cheer Bingo continues to grow. I think it is a great activity for the community to come together and have fun some fun.”

CHS freshman JV cheerleader Graysie Flynn is eager to run her first Cheer Bingo.

“I’m excited to serve my friends and see who shows up, as well as see my friends who I don’t see as often because they’re not in high school yet,” Flynn said.

If you do not already have your bingo or raffle tickets, there is still time to buy them. Bingo tickets are $15 each and raffle tickets are $5. You can purchase multiples of both.

“The best way to get bingo or raffle tickets is to ask any cheerleader, because getting them from a cheerleader is cheaper than getting them at the actual event,” CHS senior varsity co-captain Sydney Lambert said.

If you do not know a cheerleader or have a way of getting in contact with one, you can contact varsity coach Tiffany Ganss at [email protected], or junior varsity coach Reagan Richmond at [email protected], and they will help you get in contact with one.