Soundtrack for summer

Soundtrack for summer
By Shruthika Pochampally
@shruthreddy

Summertime is the perfect time to get lost in music. Your playlists – driving playlists, sleeping playlists, poolside playlists, can make or break your summer. Here is a compilation of fun, upbeat songs that can uplift your moods and make the summer heat a lot more enjoyable.

1. “Empty Nesters” by Toro Y Moi

I am not too familiar with this artist, but he has quickly grown on me after hearing his song on our spring playlist at work. You would think that associating a song with school or work would make it distasteful, but this song is actually one of the things that made working enjoyable.

2. “Take Me Out” by Franz Ferdinand

A perfect rock song for summertime, “Take Me Out” only gets better the louder you turn up the volume. Franz Ferdinand is the perfect band for summertime jams.

3. “I’m Good” by The Mowgli’s

There is a very high chance this song will be stuck in your head for days. This song actually makes you feel very good, ready for a summer of adventure, and open to the endless possibilities that this season holds.

4. “Lovetap!” by Smallpools

Smallpools’ EP set the tone for my summer last year, and their new debut album is bound to do the same this year. With a fun sound and dance-able lyrics, Smallpools never fails to make you feel ecstatic about the present and completely free of worries and responsibility.

5. “Agora” by Bear Hands

This is one of those songs you have to play on full volume and roll your car windows to truly experience. The best part about this song is that you can headbang and lip sync to it at red lights and feel very cool about yourself.

6. “Sun Shy” by Dresses

Dresses are on almost all my playlists, purely because they are just so happy. Everything about this dynamic duo makes you want to get up and dance, making them perfect for hot summer days.

7. “Bad Blood” by Taylor Swift

The most “pop” artist on this playlist, Swift is well known for her lovable, dance hits. “Bad Blood” is edgy but fun, and I am yet to get bored of hearing it on the radio.