Theatre’s “The Awesome 80s Prom” bringing interactive experience

Sai Sailaja Seshadri

staff writer

@saisailu97

80s prom
Coppell High School’s winter show this year is 80’s Prom. It is an interactive improv show where the audience attends the prom as well. The first show is February 12 at 7:30 pm in the auditorium. Photo by Nicole Messer.

Coppell High School’s Theatre Department is coming back with yet another production as the opening day for “The Awesome 80s Prom” is just around the corner.

“The Awesome 80s Prom” is an interactive play which features high schoolers from Wanaget High School competing for the title of Prom King and Prom Queen. The main character, from the geek to the cheerleader, are inspired by popular characters from 1980s movies.

The play is being screened at the CHS Black Box from Feb. 12 – 17,  with each show starting at 7:30 p.m. The doors will open at 7 p.m. Similar to other plays in the black box, audience will not be allowed to enter after the play begins, until a time deemed appropriate by the director. Ticket prices are $7 for adults and $5 for students. Tickets can be purchased during all lunches starting on Feb. 9 or at the door.

For additional information, the CHS theatre department can be contacted at [email protected] or at their website that can be found here