Time to hop into newest spring fashions

By Sloane Samberson

As the season of rejuvenation approaches, so does a whole new line of spring clothing. You will see a bountiful amount of denim, floral print and floor length skirts on display at your favorite clothing stores this spring.

If you are looking for a casual yet cute outfit, look no further than denim jeans, skirts and shorts. You can never go wrong with denim. It is a timeless look that can be worn year round, but to make it work you have to have the appropriate shoes and shirt.

H&M
A floral patterned shawl and dress are front and center in H&M’s display case.

Pair your destroyed denim jeans with a plain white blouse, floral print shirt or a crocheted tank top. You can even add to the wow factor by wearing a bandana in your hair. Shoe wise, stick with an ankle boot or gladiator sandal.

For guys, multi-colored shoes will be huge this spring. Your shoes can make or break your outfit, being that they have to match what you are wearing. I recommend buying a pair of neutral colored Vans that have a touch of a pattern, such as tribal print or something retro.

Country-chic will be a big trend this season, and to pull that off you will need floral printed clothing, and at a lot of it. Of course you should never go overboard on any printed clothing article, but by having various options of floral prints you will be set for spring.

I recommend investing in a long floral skirt. You will look incredibly classy, but not too formal. Wear your long floral skirt with a cropped top that corresponds with one of the colors in the skirt.

Do not wear a two toned shirt or your outfit will look far too busy. If you are long legged, wear your floral skirt with sandals, but if you have short legs, pair your outfit with booties that have a low heel.

A common trend for guys this spring will be patterned button down shirts. I have caught a glimpse of many guys wearing button down flannels, but some wore abstractly patterned shirts. If you are going to wear a busy shirt wear long neutral or denim pants with Vans or Converse.

As I am browsing through stores, I see oodles of suede shorts. Black, brown, blue, even red. I prefer my shorts with a high-waist because of the versatility that comes with them. You can wear cropped shirts or even tuck in a loose blouse for a more modern look. Either way, you will stop traffic in a pair of suede shorts and wedges.

Dresses and rompers will finally be appropriate to wear as the weather warms up. You will find many dresses and rompers in floral prints, but if you are wanting something less busy stick with soft pastel colors. If you are informed that the temperature is lowering, throw on a jean jacket and you will be set to go.

Urban Outfitters, my shop of choice, is always a trendsetter when it comes to the latest season’s clothing. The only problem is that their clothes can become outrageously priced. When I was there on the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, I ended up blowing $200 on five articles of clothing.

The quality of the clothes at Urban Outfitters is very high which explains why an average article of clothing costs at least $50. If you are not looking to blow your budget check out H&M or Forever 21. They have equally as cute clothes, for a much more reasonable price.

Whether you decide to buy more costly clothing or clothes that are more reasonably priced, you will look ravishing in what ever suits your spring fancy.

For these fashion items, visit the following locations:

Urban Outfitters:

7205 Bishop Rd
Plano, TX

5331 E Mockingbird Ln
Dallas, TX

8687 N Central Expy
Dallas, TX

H&M:

8687 N Central Expy
Dallas, TX

1086 Town East Mall
Mesquite, TX

6121 W Park Blvd
Plano, TX

Forever 21:

3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy #234,
Grapevine, TX

13350 Dallas Pkwy #2840,
Dallas, TX

2601 Preston Road Space #1050,
Frisco, TX