Leaked emails raise global warming suspicions

A few weeks ago, news that the server of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit had been hacked surged like wildfire across the right-wing blogosphere.

Critics initially dismissed the news as hoax, but as more information is released even the mainstream media has been forced to conclude that the hacked information–emails from leading proponents of anthropogenic global warming to one another–is indeed genuine.

The leaked emails are damning evidence, and a serious blow to Al Gore’s oft-trumpeted Global Warming Crisis. Scientists refer to temperature ‘tricks’ to finagle data in the favor of their views, and of forcing global warming skeptics out of respected, peer-reviewed journals.

Most incriminating of all, though, is a line from a climatologist named Trenberth: “The fact is that we can’t account for lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t.”

Perhaps the most reasoned analysis of ‘Climategate,’ as the scandal has been labeled by the Right, can be found here, written by David Frum, a leading moderate Republican and creator of FrumForum.com:

http://www.theweek.com/bullpen/column/103417/A_false_lesson_on_climate_change