Sims ready to tackle stories with teeth as enterprise editor

I am Elizabeth Sims (left) and I will be the enterprise editor for the 2013-14 school year. My mentor Michelle Pitcher (right) was the editor in chief for the 2012-13 school year. Elizabeth Sims photo.

By Elizabeth Sims
Enterprise Editor

After serving The Sidekick and Coppell Student Media as a staff writer for a year, I am humbled to have the opportunity to be the enterprise editor for the 2013-14 school year. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the journalistic world, an enterprise editor writes and edits featured headlines and stories that are placed on the front page and center spread for online and print publication. In the words of my adviser, Chase Wofford, I handle the stories with “teeth”.

I am excited to be in this executive leadership position on staff because I have so many ideas that will allow our online and print publications reach more readers. Though plans for next year are in the early stages of development, we are determined to increase our circulation and viewership by adding newspaper racks throughout the Coppell community and making our stories online more interactive to improve viewer participation.

From the enterprise standpoint, I am looking forward to working with our writers to dig deep into the high school and community to uncover the hard hitting and interesting pieces our viewers want to read. These kind of stories are a personal passion of mine, and I will ensure that they are some of the best produced by our staff.

I have dedicated my senior year to serving The Sidekick and Coppell Student Media, and I know we are heading into a year full of possibilities.