Loop steps up to the plate as sports editor

Sports enthusiast John Loop moves into the sports editor position for his third year on The Sidekick newspaper staff.

By John Loop
Sports Editor

I feel like I am standing on the stage after winning the football state championship game at Cowboys Stadium. But instead of being handed a gold trophy, the world is awarding me a new byline; the words under my name now read “sports editor”.

After doing my time as a regular sports writer over the last two years, I have gotten the call from the manager (Sidekick newspaper adviser Chase Wofford) to tell me that I am ready for the “big leagues”.

Our campus sports have overcome a lot of tragedy and suffering this year. After the deaths of seniors Jacob Logan and Jonah Blackwell in the fall, the Coppell community came together to witness magical volleyball, soccer, football (all these teams were state champs) and ultimate frisbees seasons that brought glory to Cowboy and Cowgirl athletics. In addition, girls golf, swim team, baseball and the rest had extremely promising seasons.

Expect wall-to-wall coverage and engaging play-by-play of every game, every season, every team. I am also ready to show you what kind of amazing stories the wide world of the sports can reveal.

I know that many of you are very excited about receiving hard hitting sports news and features up to the minute. I look forward to getting myself acquainted with you next year, and I hope that you will continue to stay connected to The Sidekick forever.

Ready…BREAK!!!!

2