Students extend educational opportunity to South Sudan

Students+extend+educational+opportunity+to+South+Sudan+

By Julianne Cauley
News Editor

This school district is one of great stature and opportunity, and sometimes, students can take this for granted. In Sudan, after a 50 year war has ended, kids now have the privilege to attend school. These schools do not have running water, but $1,200 can make this happen. John Harris, Academy History teacher, and Sunny Richardson, Biology and Anatomy teacher, have provided a service for students to offer improved educational opportunities to students in less fortunate areas of the world.

Nehemiah Secondary School in Yei, South Sudan is one of the top schools in South Sudan. Students are encouraged to bring in books, clothes, pens, new or nice Coppell T-shirts, new or nice athletic wear and any other items they want to donate. These items should be brought to rooms E208 and D208. Today is the final day to bring any donations. In addition to educational supplies, students are asked to bring soccer nets in good condition, playing cards, deflated soccer balls and pumps and other games.

The boxes will be sent out tomorrow on a cargo ship with medical equipment and supplies provided by Children’s Hospital in Dallas. All financial donations are greatly appreciated.

1