Rolling Oaks lights up holiday season

By Corrina Taylor

The smooth granite of the headstones protrude from the vivacious green grass, the overhead trees provide shade for the mourners. Visitors place delicate dove ornaments on the Memorial Tree as they pay a visit to loved ones during the holiday season.

Holidays are an emotional time for anyone; it is a time to be with family and friends. It is even harder for those who have gone through a painful loss. The Restland Coppell Champel and Rolling Oaks Memorial Center are hosting a Remembrance Service Sunday Dec. 3 at 3:00.

Visitors will experience a exceptional provision containing an motivating message for the holidays, and the chance to pay compliment to those who have passed. During the service the names of loved ones will be read aloud as a candle is lit in their commemoration and afterwards guests are welcomed to a reception.

Anyone is invited to pay homage by placing a dove ornament on the Memorial Tree during the funeral home and columbarium hours (Mon through Sat, 9:00 to 5:00). The holidays are meant to spend with those who are special, alive or gone from this earth.