Run Project comes to Coppell for Deck The Trails 5K and Fun Run

By Jay Carroll

The second annual Deck The Trails 5K will be taking place this Saturday, Dec. 1. Deck The Trails is much more popular this year, with over 800 runners having signed up for the Fun Run or 5K, the runs go up into the trails of the Coppell Nature Park, which is over by Wagon Wheel Park.

This event is a part of Racing Systems Inc. and its sister company Run On’s Run Project, which is a series of  nine races throughout the DFW Metroplex, such as Too Hot To Handle, and the Dash Down Greenville 5K, along with Deck The Trails. The Run Project was created for people who love to run and also help out the community. The project also allows companies to partner with Racing Systems Inc. in order to receive attention and face time from the hundreds of runners that participate in each race.

It is not too late to register for this event, until tomorrow, you can register here, for $35. But after tomorrow, you will have to register for the race starting at 7:00 am Saturday. Everyone who registers for the event will receive a Deck The Trails T-shirt, and the first 200 people to pick up their race packet will receive an event beanie. There will also be an award show starting around 9:30, to give prizes to the top finishers in each age group.