Golf team tees off at Indian Creek

Today, the Varisty I and II golf teams are playing at Indian Creek golf course in Carrollton for the Coppell Coed Classic. Schools from the 6-5A district are playing as well as others schools, such as Richardson, Creekview, Plano and Lakeview Centennial.

I went out to the tournament this morning and saw seniors Jinny Kim, Leo Griggs, Nick Stephens and Ben Coggins and underclassmen Lauren Murphy, Tiffany Hagen-Breitenwischer and Landon Moody play, and they all seemed to be on their A-game. Their drives were incredible and by far the best of any other team out there. Although a few players were struggling with their short game, the team was overall playing very well.

Jinny Kim was playing outstanding and I know she will, without a doubt, place very high in the tournament. Kim was in the lead of her group at the beginning of the game and, based on her track record, probably kept up the momentum throughout the day.

Sophomore Aja Zarrehparvar was unable to compete in this weekend’s tournament due to a dislocated knee. Zarrehparvar is currently doing physical therapy and should hopefully be back soon.

The Coppell Coed Classic is a big tournament for the Varsity teams, and it will be interesting to find out what happens tomorrow as the tournament comes to an end.