Students look toward new school year

By Madison Ford

Entertainment Editor

The first semester is coming to an end as students turn in final assignments and take their last tests of the first semester. While many turn their attention toward final exams which take place the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week, underclassmen have another responsibility that cannot be ignored; choosing next year’s schedule.

In order to get a head start on predicting class size and organizing students, Coppell High School requires current freshman, sophomore, and junior students to fill out their schedule requests for the upcoming school year at the end of the first semester. This can be both an exciting and stressful process as students decide on the courses they wish to take and plan out how they will fit in their schedule in the following years.

Coppell High School offers many options when it comes to how a student organizes their schedule. With AP and senior release periods available, and the opportunity to take dual-credit courses at Northlake Community college, it is possible students will not even spend an entire day at CHS. Rising juniors are also faced with the choice of whether or not to pursue an IB diploma for the remainder of their high school years.

Choosing a schedule is a very personal process, and CHS offers many avenues to pursue. At a time when the first half of the year is coming to a close, a certain level of excitement and anticipation is present among the student body as underclassman look forward to a new year of possibilities at CHS.