Red River Rivalry weekend of fun

By Gaby Moran

It’s that time of year again when the city of Dallas is covered in burn orange and crimson for the Red River Rivalry.

This is like the best weekend ever for me because not only do I get to wear my burn orange colors, eat great food and yell at the referees with all of my friends, I get to watch Texas prove to everyone that they are a solid football team and deserve their ranking.

This whole ranking arguments has been getting on my nerves. First off, everyone says Texas has too easy of a schedule- yeah I know they are ranked 100th hardest schedule- and that they shouldn’t be ranked third in nation. All I have to say is it is pretty much the same schedule last year except that the other teams have not been playing well this year and have gone down in rankings, like Oklahoma State University, Texas Tech University and University of Oklahoma, so you cannot blame them for what is happening to other teams. Also, University of Southern California always has one of the easiest schedules and is ranked high every year but no one seems to say anything about that.

One thing that I am really happy about is that Sam Bradford will be starting for OU. All Longhorn fans might hate me for saying that but now Texas gets to play against a team that was ranked third at the beginning of the year before their star got hurt. This is a chance for Texas to prove to everyone that they are a team that should be ranked in the top three of the nation.

So yeah I might bleed orange and sound a little bias, but I don’t think it will be an easy win for Texas and it is going to be a good, close game.