Weekend state final predictions

By Chris Reagan

If you’re free this weekend and you love football you should make your way to Cowboys stadium to catch the 4A and 5A state championships Friday and Saturday night.

District rival Southlake Carroll is the lone Dallas representative taking on Fort Bend Hightower. As much as it pains me to do, I have to give the edge to Southlake Carroll. The Dragons just have too good of a quarterback in Kenny Hill and a very solid and experienced receiving core to back him up.

For the Division II state championship we have Spring Dekaney taking on Cibolo Steele. Steele has the playoff experience, winning state last year and the team to definitely give them the edge in this matchup.

On Friday night Austin Lake Travis is going for a five-peat against Waco Midway, and it’s looking like they’re going to do it. This team is just flat out dominant in 4A and I really don’t see anyone beating them any time soon.

Texas commit Jonathan Gray and the Aledo Bearcats take on Manvel at noon on Saturday in 4A Division II. Despite Manvel going undefeated the edge has to go to Aledo. Jonathan Gray is simply just unstoppable and I don’t think Manvel has the defense to knock him down.