Volleyball players look forward to Friday match

The Cowgirls are anxious to get to San Marcos and play.

By Seth Slover

Focusing in school is a challenge for most students.  It is difficult enough to focus in school on a regular week, meaning that the upcoming state playoff game on Friday is making school all the more difficult for Coppell volleyball players.

“All I can think about is the game on Friday,” junior Jordan Jones said.  “Just bringing myself to listen in class and do my homework is hard honestly.”

The players undoubtedly hope that there will be a second – and final – game following the Friday game in San Marcos.

“My mind keeps wandering to volleyball,” said junior Cassidy Pickrell.  “We just want to win so badly.  We know we need to win Friday in order to make it to the state championship on Saturday.”

Considering the significance of what lies ahead, the Cowgirls need to give their full attention and focus on their mission of winning a state championship.

“There are lots of distractions throughout the week, and it’s important to still do our school work and take care of what we need to, but I think we all have the game in mind,” junior Chiaka Ogbogu said.

Coppell will face San Antonio Johnson at 7:00 on Friday at Texas State University in San Marcos.

Hopefully the excitement leading up to the weekend will carry over to the play of the team.