Senior activities charge forward

By Madison Ford

Entertainment Editor

Senior year is in full swing for the class of 2012, and following a class meeting on September 28, preparations are being made for numerous Senior activities plotted for the upcoming months. With the conclusion of class t-shirt sales today, the senior class is already moving on to its next event.

Starting tomorrow, October 12, ticket sales for the annual senior picnic begin. The senior picnic, a fairly new tradition which began last year, allows seniors to spend their fourth period at Andy Brown Park for lunch, games, and socializing. This provides seniors an opportunity to bond with their class as they embark on their last year of school. Tickets are $6 and students must pay in order to receive an arm band to be released from class on the day of the picnic, Wednesday, October 19. Seniors will have a choice of a ham, turkey, or veggie sandwich for lunch, the price of which is included in the ticket price. Sales will continue through next Tuesday, October 18.

The senior picnic is just one of the senior events planned for the coming school year. Among the activities yet to come are the senior class picture, the senior class-hosted talent show, and the much anticipated from. With college applications and school a high priority at the moment however, seniors are taking this myriad of events one nostalgic activity at a time.