College visits galore

By Madison Ford

Entertainment Editor

The long four day weekend in October is a Coppell staple that students look forward to yearly. With Columbus Day and Fair Weekend all converging into one jam packed weekend, the youth of Coppell can expect four days full of exciting activities, or perhaps just taking some time to reconnect with friends and family, depending on how they choose to allocate their time. For many seniors however, this weekend is dedicating to the always intriguing, and sometimes daunting, college visits.

A schedule filled with homework and extra-curricular activities can sometimes leave students with very little free time to fully investigate their prospective colleges. Many universities urge students to visit their schools, boasting that only walking the campus can give you a true idea of what the college’s experience is like. However, the long weekend provides the perfect opportunity for some students to take some time to immerse themselves in the college experience as they fumble over their applications or wait for responses from schools to which they have already applied.

Many seniors will depart from Coppell at the cusp of the long weekend, embarking on visits to colleges throughout the country. Arkansas, Kansas, Ohio, Boston, and California are just a few of the states that will receive guests from CHS this weekend.  Not to mention the schools within Texas that will be toured.

With the graduation approaching faster than expected, many seniors are jumping at the opportunity to visit the campuses of colleges they intend on applying to. Perhaps this will make the decision of where to go that much easier. At least one could hope.