Coppell soccer coach reaches milestone; basketball coach about to do the same

Adam Bremner

Both the Coppell Cowboy soccer team and basketball team were in action Monday night, both got wins and both have coaches with an impressive resume.

For the soccer club, coach Shane Bybee corralled his 2ooth career win as a head coach against Denton Guyer. The 1-0 triumph over the Wildcats puts Bybee into another echelon of the coaching ranks that enhances his young career. Ever since coaching in Amarillo in 1993, Bybee has worked his way to the command of a substantial program and now sits among the best coaches in the area.

Also last night, basketball coach Brad Chasteen gained his 499th victory and will be looking for his 5ooth tonight against Keller Central. The 1992 Dallas Morning News Coach of the Year has been with Coppell for 14 years and has allotted 318 wins the school.

And not only will this win mean 500 wins for Chasteen, as it will also further extend the Cowboys lead to an eventual District 7-5A championship.