Basketball games to be rescheduled as soon as possible

Adam Bremner

As the school-stopping ice storm covered the Dallas Metroplex, so did it postpone Coppell basketball’s upcoming district match-ups.

Originally placed on Tuesday night, the game against the second place Justin Northwest Texans was cancelled and rescheduled to be played Thursday night at the same 7:30 p.m. time– but that does not look likely either. Unlike most snow/ice type weather that occurs in Dallas, this assault has lasted longer as the iced-over roads have yet to thaw out with temperatures well below freezing.

Now, even the CHS basketball site is not sure when the weather will heat up and its “best guess” is that the game is still on Thursday.

Naturally, this has forced the Friday night affair against Saginaw to be postponed until, according to the basketball website, Saturday or Monday. This senior night’s eventual tip off will hinge on if the Northwest game will be able to be played in the near future.

Obviously, the weather has greatly affected the Cowboys and will call for the team to potentially play two games in as many days. Fortunately for the Cowboys, they have nearly locked up the district title and with a win over Northwest, that will become a reality.