Lee shocks baseball world by going to the Philadelphia

By Abby Drake

Cliff Lee the loveable pitcher that lead the Texas Rangers to the World Series decided last night to play for the Philadelphia Phillies.

Lee’s choice shocked most of the American Sports fans that assumed that he would have chosen either the Yankees or the Rangers. He was a part of the Phillies two seasons ago and decided that he liked the team enough to go back.

Lee left about thirty million dollars on the table and an extra two-year contract by denying New York.

Lee’s decision has not only affected himself but also a lot of Yankee and Ranger fans.

“It’s an embarrassment for baseball,” longtime Yankees fan Peter Sblendorio said. “The MLB players union will not be happy at all about him leaving so much money on the table, and I find it frustrating that he stringed the Yankees and Rangers along for so long to sign on with a team that traded him a year ago.”

With the addition of Lee, the Phillies will now be heavily favored to win the World Series in 2011. It also leaves New York and Texas in a bind to add new pitchers to their rotations before opening day.

1