Top Gifts for CHS Students

By Chase Porter

Coppell parents don’t know what to get your high school student for the holidays? It’s all right; The Sidekick has got you covered. Here are just a few of the hottest gifts this holiday season for the CHS student.

Starting our gift list is the new Kinect for Xbox 360. This gaming system is different from any other because you actually use your body as the controller. It is great for a girl or a boy because it has many different games such as Dance Central and Kinect Sports that can be played solo or by multiple people. If you are planning on getting item, I advise that you have plenty of space to move.

While on gaming consoles many CHS students are also interested in the Nintendo Wii, the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. All of these gaming consoles allow the player to play online with friends and people around the world. Each of these consoles also have some of the biggest game releases of the year such as Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fifa 11 and exclusively for the Wii, Epic Mickey.

“I asked for Call of Duty: Black Ops and Fifa 11 for Christmas because they are really fun games and all my friends play it,” junior Michael Fix said.

Something that is always a popular gift for a teenager is of course the iPod. This device allows you to listen to downloaded music through iTunes. There are a few versions of the iPod including the shuffle, nano, touch and classic. The newest version of the iPod is the iPod touch, which includes a rotating camera and app store.

“I’m probably going to get my son a new iPod because I know all you teenagers love your music and he has wanted a new one for while,” basketball coach Donald Youngstedt. said.

Apple, who produces the iPod, has also released a new version of their extremely popular phone, the iPhone 4. This new phone has a camera built into both sides and includes the new feature, Face Time, which allows people to see and talk to each other through the camera. The iPhone 4 is a great gift for any teenager but is only for the AT&T network.

Digital cameras are a great gift for any teenage girl because they are small enough to fit in a bag and can be used anywhere. Cameras such as the, Cyber-Shot Digital Camera by Sony, is extremely compact, has a screen display, and comes in multiple colors. These cameras are great for the holidays because they can be taken anywhere easily and capture all of the holiday memories.

“I really want a new camera because I love taking pictures with my friends and also the new cameras come in a lot of cool colors,” sophomore Jen Olson said.

Recently, Blue- Ray and DVDs have had a large release of hit movies and are always sure to be a holiday hit. Movies like Shrek 4 and action packed The Expendables have been box office hits and have been released on both DVD and Blue- Ray. While watching these movies a more expensive gift idea could be a new HD TV or a 3D TV to fully enjoy the movie watching experience.

A gift that is appreciated by all is the gift of money. But don’t worry parents you don’t have to give them a couple of twenties in there stockings. Gift cards for their favorite shops are certain to get a smile. Starbucks, ITunes and any clothing shop are bound to have gift cards and that way your teenagers can’t just spend the money at will.

So there you have it CHS parents, here are just a few of the hottest gifts for teens this holiday season.