Meet CHS9 HOSA historian – Masooma Fatima

Rhea Choudhary
    CHS9 student Masooma Fatima was elected as the historian for the HOSA Club. The CHS9 HOSA officers were elected in October for the 2023-2024 school year.

Freshman Masooma Fatima has been elected as CHS9 HOSA club historian. This isFatima’s first position within the HOSA Club.

What inspired you to take on a leadership role within the CHS9 HOSA club?

Initially, I wasn’t familiar with HOSA when entering freshman year. However, at that time, I was able to see there seemed to be a lack of awareness about clubs like HOSA. Then, I thought of running for the role of historian or reporter to bring more publicity to the organization. I saw it as an opportunity to shed light on a great platform that often went unnoticed.

How do you plan to make a positive impact within the club?

My focus has been on improving the visual appeal of CHS9 HOSA’s representation, especially through our Instagram. By making it more aesthetically pleasing, I’ve received positive feedback and I’ve noticed that more students have been encouraged to participate. Adding my personal creativity to the visuals we use and making things interesting has sparked increased interest in the organization.

Can you share some highlights from your time as an officer?

One significant highlight that I remember was the HOSA Family Night, doubling as a food drive. We managed to raise over 400 cans of food, which was a remarkable achievement for our first event of the year. The unexpected turnout of kids and volunteers made it a memorable experience, setting a positive tone for future activities. Joining HOSA has helped my leadership experience grow, making me realize the specific details behind planning any event. The club’s role in bringing students together became clear, emphasizing the importance of these types of student-led organizations. 

How has being a part of the CHS9 leadership team motivated you to run for the Coppell High School HOSA Club next year?

Being a part of our current CHS9 HOSA leadership team has definitely motivated me to consider running for the CHS HOSA Club next year. The experience has made me grateful for the opportunities our school offers. While I’m not fully sure if I will run, the impact made on others is a key factor pushing me toward taking on other leadership roles in the future.