Meet CHS9 HOSA secretary – Gia Ajani

CHS9+student+Gia+Ajani+was+elected+as+the+secretary+for+the+HOSA+Club.+The+CHS9+HOSA+officers+were+elected+in+October+for+the+2023-2024+school+year.+
    Rhea Choudhary
    CHS9 student Gia Ajani was elected as the secretary for the HOSA Club. The CHS9 HOSA officers were elected in October for the 2023-2024 school year.

Freshman Gia Ajani has been elected as CHS9 HOSA club secretary. This is Ajani’s first position within the HOSA Club.

What inspired you to take on a leadership role within the CHS9 HOSA club?

Due to my shyness, I was initially hesitant to run for any leadership position. However, once I knew that a couple of my friends were also running, it boosted my confidence to attempt running for a position as well. I decided to create a video on the last day, and I was fortunate enough to be selected as the secretary which was an unexpected but rewarding outcome.

How do you plan to make a positive impact within the club?

Our goal is to enhance the club’s positive environment through various community service events and activities. Initiatives including mock contests, canned food drives and trivia nights have helped raise awareness and donations.Planning spring showcases and addressing relevant issues, such as creating a PSA about fentanyl, has demonstrated our commitment to make an impact.

Can you share some highlights from your time as an officer?

Being an officer has improved my public speaking and communication skills. Handling questions, emails and managing time efficiently have improved my personal growth. The experience has increased my perspective on the efforts it takes behind the scenes in running a club, making me more aware of the positives and negatives that come with leadership.

How has being a part of the CHS9 leadership team motivated you to run for the Coppell High School HOSA Club next year?

The positive experience and the impact on my personal and academic growth as a current HOSA officer has definitely motivated me to consider running for the CHS HOSA club next year. Our current leadership team requires us to collaborate efficiently, in order to create a supportive environment, thus encouraging me to continue contributing to HOSA.